Saying which is the best cruise taken is quite difficult, having been on several, wonderful cruise ship vacations.
My family and I are blessed to have sailed with several of the top cruise lines and to have visited some of the top Caribbean destinations.
My cruising experience has put me aboard ships of different sizes belonging to Carnival Cruise Line, Costa Cruises (on an eastern Mediterranean sailing), MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean International.
Find Your Perfect Cruise Ship Vacation on Cruise Critic|
What's the #1 hotel in Orlando? Read reviews & find hotel deals on TripAdvisor!
Find today's hotel deals in Miami on TripAdvisor!
Book hotels in New York for as low as $90 with HotelsCombined.com
Find the Best Las Vegas Hotel - Search 100s of Hotel Sites Now - Click here
I can honestly say that I enjoyed each cruise vacation.
Which sailing was my best cruise taken? First, let me add some things that I really enjoyed on our inclusive Caribbean cruises.
1. I always check out a ship's atrium and for that I give the Crown Princess the edge over all the other ships - Carnival Sensation, Destiny (now Sunshine), Glory, Paradise, Liberty, Elation, Fantasy, Sunrise and Horizon; Costa Serena; MSC Meraviglia; Norwegian Dawn; and Monarch of the Seas, Independence of the Seas and Allure of the Seas.
2. What about the cruise food? It's hard to say, but I would give the edge to Carnival Cruise Line. They have been consistent in turning out enjoyable meals.
3. How about onboard entertainment? Again, for all the cruise ship vacations we have taken it is safe to say that they delivered well on entertainment.
4. How about children/youth program? We have three children and have asked them which they enjoyed most. They seem to agree that Carnival is the best.
5. And what about destinations? All the cruise lines offer itineraries to the hottest Caribbean destinations, so none out-does the other - in my opinion.
6. Cruise ship amenities? Royal Caribbean's bigger ships offer a lot more than other ships and there's something for everyone to do.
Having said how difficult it is to pick my best cruise out of many taken, if I have to choose then the one with the edge has to be the Norwegian Dawn sailing to the Eastern Caribbean.
There were some things about that Norwegian sailing that have me leaning heavily towards it as my best cruise vacation. (Crown Princess, also to the Eastern Caribbean, is a close second, or may edge out Norwegian.)
Some of the things about Norwegian Dawn that I enjoyed included:
1. There was a greater amount of freedom to choose mealtimes and places.
2. There were many more places to eat at - even though many of them were specialty restaurants with a cover charge.
3. There was no pressure to dress up for a formal night (even though I don't mind doing this).
4. The ship's layout appeared to be rather spacious, with several things to do. This was so, even though we had been on a bigger ship before.
5. There was an overall sense of freedom in the atmosphere - even though I did not feel terribly restricted on any other cruise sailing.
The bottom-line is that while my Norwegian cruise vacation was the best one taken, I still do not have a compelling reason for feeling this way.
Unlike me, you may know for certain why a particular cruise was your best. I invite you to share it.
Use the form below to share your cruise ship vacation and tell others what made it your best. I look forward to reading your experiences onboard ship.
Thanks in advance for sharing!
Have you taken more than one cruise vacation? Which one was your best? Why? Please share it.