The Tampa Cruise Port is a section of the Florida port which handles the largest amount of cargo tonnage in the state.
Additionally, the Tampa Port is becoming a popular departure point for many families and others boarding inclusive Caribbean cruises annually.
Jan 10, 21 12:00 AM
Carnival Cruise Line suspends cruises into 2021, some as far as November 2021. All of Carnival cruises are cancelled through March 31st, but others are suspended beyond that date. Affected guests have…
Dec 09, 20 12:00 AM
Similar to its sister company, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises suspends cruises into April 2021. All cruises are cancelled through February 2021, while others will not sail until after April 7, 202…
Dec 09, 20 12:00 AM
Disney Cruise Line fans must wait until at least after February 2021 to board one of their magical ships. Disney has announced cruise cancellations through the end of February 2021. Affected guests ha…
Find Your Perfect Cruise Ship Vacation on Cruise Critic|
What's the #1 hotel in Orlando? Read reviews & find hotel deals on TripAdvisor!
Find today's hotel deals in Miami on TripAdvisor!
Book hotels in New York for as low as $90 with HotelsCombined.com
Find the Best Las Vegas Hotel - Search 100s of Hotel Sites Now - Click here
Visit Sucuri to Clean and Protect Websites
The Tampa port is operated by the Tampa Port Authority. Its proximity to a top-rated airport, Tampa International Aiport, which is just about 9.5 miles away, makes it a popular option for Caribbean bound cruise vacationers.
The Port of Tampa delivers up several cruise options, which have served to increase demand in the number of cruise passengers that visit the port annually.
Currently, four major cruise lines sail out of the Tampa Port: Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America, Norwegian Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean International.
Caribbean Cruise Itineraries
You have several options in itineraries from which to choose.
Carnival - Choose 4- or 5-day cruises to popular ports of call such as Cozumel and Grand Cayman.
Holland America - Find limited 7-day sailings to the Central American countries of Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico.
Norwegian - Explore freestyle cruising with 7- and 8-day itineraries to exciting destinations including; Belize, Cozumel, Honduras and Guatemala.
Royal Caribbean - Book 4-, 5- or 7-day inclusive Caribbean cruises to such ports of call as Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan, Honduras.
Flying to the Tampa Port is the most viable option.
The Tampa International Airport (TPA) is only 20 minutes or 9.5 miles from the port and is serviced by several top airlines.
Airlines flying into Tampa International Airport (TPA) include:
Air Canada.......(888) 247-2262
American Airlines.......(800) 433-7300
British Airways.......(800) 247-9297
Cayman Airways.......(800) 422-9626
Contintental Airlines.......(800) 525-0280
Frontier Airlines.......(800) 432-1359
United Airlines........(800) 241-6522
As you will notice from the list of airlines flying into TPA, whether you're traveling within the US or flying from outside the country, you will find an airline that will get you into Tampa International Airport and near the Tampa Cruise Port.
(If you are flying to your cruise port, consider getting there overnight to ensure that you do not miss your ship the next day.
Click here to find hotels near the Tampa Cruise Port.)
There are two reasonably priced ways to get to the Tampa Cruise Port:
1. Shared Shuttle Service - SuperShuttle - (800) 282-6817 or (727) 572-1111 - Call for pricing!
2. Taxi Service - Taxi cab service is provided from the Commercial Ground Transportation Quadrants, located in all four corners of the Baggage Claim Level.
The airport is served by Yellow Cab and United Cab. Both companies charge the same fares: $2 plus $2.25 per mile. The minimum fee from the airport is $15. Once the meter exceeds the $15, the minimum no longer applies.
There is a maximum flat rate fee of $25 to Downtown Tampa and the cruise port.
Your best bet is to use the taxi service as your family will save by paying the flat rate fee to the Tampa Cruise Port.
My family's first Caribbean cruise was out of Tampa to Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Mexico and Nassau, Bahamas.
We live in McDonough, Georgia, which is 400 plus miles from Tampa. We got up early the morning of the cruise and drove. The ride took us about seven (7) hours.
If you live within seven (7) hours of the cruise port, you may consider driving.
The Port of Tampa is located at:
Garrison Seaport Center Cruise Terminals 1, 651 Channelside Drive Tampa, FL.
Driving to the Tampa Cruise Terminal
From the North -
* I-75 South to I-4 West OR I-275 South to I-4 East * Take Exit 1 (Port of Tampa/Ybor City) * Take 21st Street South * Turn right on East Adamo Drive/Hwy 60 * East Adamo Drive/Hwy 60 will turn into Channelside Drive/13th Street * Bear to the left and follow signs for the Florida Aquarium/Seaport Terminal * The long-term parking lot will be on the right hand side of the street
From the South -
* I-75 North * Take Crosstown Expressway West (toward Tampa) * Take 22nd Street North Exit (Port of Tampa/Ybor City) * Take 22nd Street North * Turn left on East Adamo Drive/Hwy 60 * East Adamo Drive/Hwy 60 will turn into Channelside Drive/13th Street * Bear to the left and follow signs for the Florida Aquarium/Seaport Terminal * The long-term parking lot will be on the right hand side of the street
From the East -
* I-4 West * Take Exit 1 (Port of Tampa/Ybor City) * Take 21st Street South * Turn right on East Adamo Drive/Hwy 60 * East Adamo Drive/Hwy 60 will turn into Channelside Drive/13th Street * Bear to the left and follow signs for the Florida Aquarium/Seaport Terminal * The long-term parking lot will be on the right hand side of the street
From the West/Tampa International Airport -
* I-275 North (stay in right lane) * Take I-4 East * Take Exit 1 (Port of Tampa/Ybor City) * Take 21st Street South * Turn right on East Adamo Drive/Hwy 60 * East Adamo Drive/Hwy 60 will turn into Channelside Drive/13th Street * Bear to the left and follow signs for the Florida Aquarium/Seaport Terminal * The long-term parking lot will be on the right hand side of the street.
Port Tampa Bay has an adequate number of parking spaces to cover cruise passengers on any cruise day.
Cruise parking is $15 per day for vehicles of regular sizes. Oversized vehicles cost $30 per day.
No reservation is needed, but you may prepay for parking.
In addition to self-parking, cruise ship vacationers may opt for Tampa Cruise Terminal's valet parking service. This costs $20 per day.
Well, there you have it. We set out to give helpful information on sailing out of the Tampa Cruise Port.
Finally, let us give you an option to book your all-inclusive Caribbean cruise from Tampa.
Booking a cruise ship vacation from Tampa is easy.
If you have a Travel Agent, call that person. If you don't, use the search box below to find your cruise.
Or, you may visit our booking website, Petes Travel Center (PetesTravel.com) to book.
Finally, you may call the cruise line directly to book all-inclusive Tampa cruises.
Note: Some information stated above is subject to change.
Thanks for visiting our website. Please use the information we shared about the Tampa Cruise Port to help with your planning.
Also, please share it with others and come back to see us soon.
Until then, go have fun!