Carnival Destiny Top Activities
That Your Family Will Enjoy
Carnival Destiny is now the new Carnival Sunshine. Much has changed.
Ready! Camera! Action!
Your family will enjoy one or more of Carnival Destiny top activities as you seize the moment and head out to sea. Whether you are on a Carnival Destiny Eastern Caribbean or Western Caribbean cruise, there is something on board for everyone to enjoy.
Each day, your Carnival Destiny Cruise Director, Noonan, will offer a list of the top 10 things to do onboard the ship.
Carnival Destiny Cruise Director, Noonan, Supervising Activity
Below is a list of the "Top 10 Things" to do on Carnival Destiny on a random day.
"Today's Top Ten"
1. CHOOSE YOUR ADVENTURE - It was the day before arriving in the Grand Cayman Port,
so cruise passengers were encouraged to book their shore excursions at the Shore Excursion or Guest Services Desk.
2. CINCO DE MAYO PARTY - A Latin-theme party with live music, fun games, Mambo Magic and drink specials.
3. CARNIVAL CRAZE CASH - An opportunity to pull tabs on "cash cards" in an effort to win up to $1,500, plus $500 off your bar tab.
4. GROOVE FOR ST. JUDE - A special dance event where you get your groove on while donating $10 to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. Pretty cool!
5. CARNIVAL LASER TAG+ - An opportunity for the entire family to enjoy a game of laser tag.
6. HALF PRICED, FULL PRICED BINGO - This is a really popular pastime onboard Caribbean cruise lines.
7. SMOOTH CIGARS & SMOKIN' JAZZ - An invitation to get a cigar - from Macanudos to Monk - while enjoying Jazz at the bar.
8. LIAR'S CLUB - A game that tests how well you can bluff your way through made up words and descriptions.
9. FUN AT SEA...'TIL 3:00 - An after hours party that includes competitions, video games, sporting events, pizza and more.
10. GUESS THE PRICE OF THE PAINTING - Here you have an opportunity to venture your best guess of what some masterful art pieces may be worth. The winning guesses receive large raffle artwork.
I believe that there is something on the list of a typical day of Carnival Destiny top activities that you and your family will enjoy.
How about that game of laser tag, eh?
Besides the organized activities offered by your Carnival Destiny Cruise Director and staff, there are many other things to do onboard.
We just got back from a Carnival Destiny cruise to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman and below are 5 top activities that we or other cruise passengers enjoyed.
Carnival Destiny Top Activities - The Pools
Carnival Destiny has 3 large pools plus kiddies pools and that is where most passengers hang out. From very early in the morning to late afternoon, the cruise passengers just spend time relaxing - some in the pools or hot-tubs and others around the pool.
With a giant movie screen overhanging the main pool area, people choose to read, sunbathe, watch TV or just watch other people.
Personally, I enjoyed just hanging out by the pool.
Carnival Destiny Top Activities - The Mini-Golf Course
This ship has a beautifully arranged mini golf course. Several people, including my family, enjoyed hanging out on the golf course.
Carnival Destiny Top Activities - The Bars
There are several bars onboard Carnival Destiny - even a swim up bar. While my family does not drink alcohol, many other cruise passengers spent quite a bit of time at the bars.
Carnival Destiny Top Activities - Live Shows
Similarly to other cruise ships that we've been on - Carnival Sensation, Carnival Glory, Norwegian Dawn and Monarch of the Seas
- Carnival Destiny offers Las Vegas type shows, plus comedy (family & adults-only), talent shows, etc., in their main lounge
(more like a theatre), the Palladium Lounge.
You will find that the Palladium Lounge fills up very quickly just before each show.
Tip: Note the schedule and hurry to grab a seat!
Carnival Destiny Top Activities - The Millionaire's Club (Casino)
I'm not sure why it's called the Millionaire's Club. How about the Pauper's Club? Well, that would not be enticing enough. Would it?
Anyway, the Millionaire's Club is a big attraction on Carnival Destiny. Some cruise passengers spend all day in the Carnival Destiny's casino.
One other thing I noticed is that several activities were based in areas near the casino.
Trick Question: Why were activities based near the casino?
Carnival Destiny Top Activities - Doing Whatever
For those cruise passengers who did not care for things like the pool or the casino, they spent time doing whatever else onboard
Many people threw out any idea of an agenda and just relaxed in different spots around the ship.
I found several people along Destiny's Way; some hanging out at bars; and others just hanging out.
After all, you are on vacation, right? Don't plan - just do!
Those are just a few of the top activities that my family and other cruise passengers enjoyed on our
Carnival Destiny cruise.
There are other things that I did not mention such as people spending time in Carnival Destiny's fitness center, spa treatment center, shopping, and those who spent quite a bit of time wherever the food was.
What is certain, is that you and your family will enjoy being onboard and getting involved in any of Carnival Destiny top activities.
Have You Sailed With Carnival Destiny?
Which Activities Did You Enjoy Most On board? Please Share 2 or 3!
Return from Carnival Destiny Top Activities to Caribbean Cruise Packages
Return from Carnival Destiny Top Activities to Home Page