Carnival Dream Arrives in Cozumel
Of the many available Carnival cruises to Mexico, my family and I have been on three such cruises to date.
You will find that most of Carnival Cruise Lines' western Caribbean cruises include a Mexican port of call in their itineraries.
While many visitors to Mexico frequent places like Cancun - which has many beautiful resorts - others choose to visit Mexico on a cruise ship.
Carnival's cruise sailings to Mexico include two main ports of call, Cozumel and Costa Maya and to a lesser extent, Progreso.
My family has visited Costa Maya once and Cozumel a whopping three times.
Ships in Cozumel Pier
Costa Maya and Cozumel are known for good beaches, Mayan ruins, snorkeling and much more fun activities. The latter (Cozumel), however, sees up to 2.5 million cruise passengers each year, in addition to many other tourists who visit the island by air.
Deep sea divers are attracted to Cozumel, because of its amazing marine life.
I noted earlier that my family has taken three Carnival cruises to Mexico. Each cruise was with a different Carnival "Fun Ship."
Our first 5-day cruise to Cozumel was with Carnival Sensation. The next cruise was a 7-day Carnival cruise with Carnival Glory, which included stops in Costa Maya and Cozumel. And, our final cruise to Mexico was a 5-day Carnival Paradise sailing with stops in Cozumel and Grand Cayman.
In addition to the ships listed above, Carnival has several other cruise ships that visit ports of call in Mexico each year.
U.S. Departure Port
3 Fun Ships currently offer Carnival cruises from the Galveston Port to Mexico.
Ships & Ports
1. Carnival Triumph provides 4-day cruises all-year from Galveston to Cozumel only.
2. Carnival Triumph also offers 5-day cruises all-year from Galveston to Cozumel and Progreso, both in Mexico.
3. Carnival Magic offers offers 7-day cruises all-year from Galveston to Cozumel and two other ports of call in Central America - Roatan, Honduras and Belize City, Belize.
4. Carnival Freedom offers some 6-day and 7-day cruises.
Search for Mexico cruises from Galveston Port. Be sure to select "Western Caribbean" as the destination.
5 Fun Ships offer Carnival cruises from the Miami Port to Mexico.
1. Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Victory offer 4-day cruises all-year from Miami to Cozumel.
2. Carnival Breeze offers 6-day cruises from Miami to Cozumel and other ports.
3. Carnival Glory and Carnival Splendor offer several 7-day cruise sailings to Costa Maya and Cozumel or just Cozumel, with stops in Roatan and Belize City.
Search for Mexico cruises from the Miami Cruise Port. Be sure to select "Western Caribbean" as the destination.
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 Fun Ships offer Carnival Cruises to Mexico from the New Orleans Port.
1. Carnival Elation currently offers 4-day cruises from New Orleans to Cozumel only.
2. Carnival Elation also offers 5-day cruises from New Orleans to Cozumel and Progreso.
3. Carnival Dream offers several 7-day cruises from New Orleans to Cozumel, Jamaica and Cayman Islands.
Search for Mexico cruises from the New Orleans Port. Be sure to select "Western Caribbean" as the destination.
Port Canaveral, Florida
3 Fun Ships offer Carnival cruises to Mexico from Port Canaveral.
Carnival Liberty, Sunshine and Valor offer 7-day cruises to ports of call including Cozumel and Costa Maya.
Search for Mexico cruises from Port Canaveral. Be sure to select "Western Caribbean" as the destination.
2 Fun Ships offer Carnival cruises from the Tampa Cruise Port.
1. Carnival Paradise offers 4-day cruises all-year from Tampa to Cozumel only.
2. Carnival Paradise also offers 5-day cruises all-year from Tampa to Cozumel and Grand Cayman.
My family took this cruise in July 2012 and had a blast.
3. Carnival Pride offers a limited number of 7-day cruises all-year from Tampa to Costa Maya, Belize City, Roatan and Grand Cayman.
Note: All itineraries listed above are subject to change, as Carnival re-positions its ships at will.
Based on the information above, you can tell that ports of call in Mexico are quite popular to Caribbean cruise passengers.
Consequently, Carnival cruise itineraries to Mexico are provided by several of their best ships.
My family enjoyed each visit to Cozumel and our one stop in Costa Maya. We are yet to visit Progreso.
Whichever cruise port you sail from, or whichever Fun Ship you choose, you will find several Carnival cruises to Mexico, and your family is guaranteed a great cruise ship vacation.
Enjoying a beach in Costa Maya!
Riu Palace Jamaica
Secrets The Vine Cancun
Breathless Punta Cana
Dreams Sugar Bay St. Thomas
Riu Palace Paradise Island
Riu Palace Antillas Aruba (New!)
Sunscape Montego Bay, Jamaica
See Las Vegas!